National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair
September 3 & 4, 2013
UPDATE 31 Aug: Hack Genealogy prepared an outstanding guide to this webcast. Check it out for a step-by-step guide: http://hackgenealogy.com/national-archives-virtual-genealogy-fair-2013-infographic-guide/
Link provided by NARA: http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/know-your-records/genealogy-fair/
WHAT: National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair. For the first time ever, the National Archives will host a virtual Genealogy Fair with live lectures and chat via a call-in genealogy help line and the website UStream (http://www.archives.gov/global-pages/exit.html?link=http://www.ustream.tv/usnationalarchives).
- Lectures: This two-day program will showcase tips and techniques for using Federal records at the National Archives for genealogy research. Lectures are designed for experienced genealogy professionals and novices alike.
- Handouts for September 3 session http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/know-your-records/genealogy-fair/2013/handouts/september3-bios-handouts.pdf
- Handouts for September 4 session http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/know-your-records/genealogy-fair/2013/handouts/september4-bios-handouts.pdf
- Genealogy Help Line: Call with your genealogy questions during the fair. National Archives staff in Washington, DC, will be available from 1 to 4 p.m. eastern daylight time (EDT) on September 3 and 4 on our special hotline at 202-357-5420. (Toll free at 1-855-309-8404) You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Washington, DC, Customer Service Center telephone during regular business hours at 1-866-325-7208.
WHO: Speakers include genealogy experts from the National Archives and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.
HOW: The National Archives will host the virtual Genealogy Fair via webcast using the website UStream and a call-in genealogy help line. Recorded sessions will be available online after the event. Closed captioning and American sign language interpreters are part of the broadcast.
- View live broadcast on September 3 & 4 [www.ustream.tv/usnationalarchives]
- Instructions for online viewing and chat. [http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/know-your-records/genealogy-fair/webcast-instructions.html
WHERE: The National Archives will host the live lectures via webcast on UStream.
SCHEDULE: times listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) Genealogy Help Line Schedule: Call in during the fair, from 1 to 4 p.m. (EDT) at 202-357-5420.
For more information about the fair, e-mail KYR@nara.gov.
Join the Genealogy Fair conversation on Twitter using #genfair2013.