We hope to reopen the library on Tuesday, July 7, 2020
provided it is permissible by the Los Angeles County Public Health regulations.
To prepare the library for this event, we have done the following:
1) limited the number of seats at the research tables to 12.
2) re-positioned the patron computers for more distance.
3) changed the location of the sign-in sheet. See photos below.
4) modified our library hours: open at 10:00 and close at 3:00 pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, first & second Sundays, third & fourth Saturdays.
We will remain closed every Monday and Friday, 3rd & 4th Sundays, and 1st & 2nd Saturdays.
In addition, cleaning procedures for the library premises and computer stations are being implemented.
SCGS Library Procedures during Covid-19 for Patrons
Here's what you must do to maintain a Covid-19 safe library:
· Patrons must wear masks to enter the library, then have their temperature taken.
· Maintain social distancing.
· When signing in, be sure to include phone number.
· Wash hands with soap and water before handling books or computers.
· If using computer, notify librarian when done so computer area can be cleaned.
· Handle only books that you wish to review; do not re-shelf books.
· When book review is completed, leave books/pamphlets on table where you have been working.
All books/pamphlets must be quarantined for 4 days before being returned to shelves.
Librarians will handle the quarantine of materials.
Thank you for helping to maintain a Covid-19-safe library.
|New location for the sign-in sheet.|
|Fewer seats available for social distancing.|
Southern California Genealogy Library and Society
417 Irving Dr.
Burbank, CA 91504-2408